I finally bought a new muffin tin. I think…no, I know I am in love. I have made more muffins in the last 2 weeks, than in the last 2 months. It is the answer to all my Muffin Dreams…
It amazes me how much easier a good kitchen tool/gadget can make kitchen work. We all have our favourites–things we cannot do without in the kitchen. Here is a short list (in no particular order) of my fave’s for kitchen work:
1. Good quality, sharp knives–balance is everything!
2. High Grade (18/10) stainless steel, heavy bottom pots and frying pans
3. Non stick cookie sheets (not jelly pans…cookie sheets have no sides, jelly pans do)
4. Non Stick muffin tray (…my new love!)
5. Pampered chef large batter bowl/measuring cup
6. stainless steel whisk
7. food processor
8. Silicone spatula
9. wooden spoon
Here is a new muffin recipe..yummy!
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup sour milk (add a squeeze of lemon to your milk and let sit for 10 min to sour)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup br sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped pecan
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
Combine dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients and combine with dry. Stir until just combined–don’t over mix. Fold in pecans. Divide into muffin tin.
Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.